Friday, November 21, 2008

Winchester's National Book Awards Protest




Why are we crammed under the bed? What is this about?

We're protesting the National Book Awards results. The judging wasn't fair.

I know we were rooting for The Writer's friend's Kathi Appelt's book The Underneath. And we're really disappointed. But how can we say the judging wasn't fair?

Because they didn't have a cat on the jury! The Underneath is an animal story. It's got a dog and cats in it. The committee was biased--they didn't have a cat or even a dog as one of the judges!

Hmmm. That's a good point. I think you're on to something, Winchester. If a book is nominated with a horse in it, one of the judges should be a horse. If a book has a stuffed animal in it, well, it's only logical I should be one of the judges.

There you go! Now . . . while I have you all gathered here, here is my Christmas list . . .




1 comment:

Becky said...

I agree with Winchester! A cat SHOULD have been on the panel :)