Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Vintage Wednesday


Welcome to Vintage Wednesday. The Writer tells me what to write for Writing Monday, but I have my very own column, starting today.

The Writer has a lot of vintage children's books--picture books, story books, readers, and mid-grade novels.

That's an understatement. You can't move in this house for all the books. And The Writer keeps buying more!

She can't help it, it's an obsession--hey, what are you doing here? This is my column. All large, nosy black and white cats are not invited to contribute. Where was I? Oh, yes, the vintage books. The Writer collects books from the 1910s up through the early 1960s. Anything after that she says is too modern. She especially loves books from the 20s and 30s.

Since the books are all over the place, I pick them up and read them. They are really good! So each Wednesday that I'm here, I'll review a different old book. I'll try to include an illustration. The Writer has bought a new scanner, but she's a bit slow learning new things.

A bit? She still doesn't know how to retrieve messages on her cellphone. I'll have to set up that scanner--

Time to go! See you next Wednesday with my pick for Vintage Wednesday!

2 comments:

Becky said...

This should be fun :)

ellsworth said...

I hope so! I love old books and I think a lot of other people do too.