Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cat Days of August


It's 98 degrees in the shade. This summer heat is killing me.

Winchester, it's 68 degrees in here. We have central air.

August is a state of mind. It's a time of lazy afternoons, icy drinks on the front porch, little kids running through sprinklers.

Every afternoon is a lazy afternoon for you. What're you drinking? Can I have a sip?

It's chilled mango juice. Very tasty. And no, you may not have a sip. Get your own.

That's what I like about you. You're always so eager to share.

I think I'll mosey on down to the ol' swimming hole for a refreshing dip.

Dip? You run like a scalded moose if The Writer accidently flicks a drop of water on you.

Turn the fan up another notch, will you? When you talk, you blow hot air on me.




2 comments:

Pyewacket said...

Ahhhh...I feel refreshed just looking at your cool fan and iced mango juice, Winchester...but is that a DOG on your glass? What's up with that? Some kind of secret code for an inter-species subversive organization? Or are you just being ironic?

I going to roll over on my back in front of my a/c and ponder this mystery....

ellsworth said...

Winchester tried to find a glass with cats on it. He found glasses with roosters and ducks and horsies and elephants. I told him to use the one with elephants. You know how stubborn he is--he picked the one with dogs! Last night I saw him ordering something online. I bet it was a glass with a cat on it.