Thursday, June 12, 2008

Winchester Is Found


I can't find Winchester anywhere! I've looked in the kibble closet, the canned cat food pantry, under the bed and under the ottoman where he cowers during thunderstorms. I've looked in the garage, on the porch, and even the mailbox.

I went across the street and asked Zelda if she'd seen him, but she said no. She also said if he was gone, it was no great loss, which I don't think was very nice. I guess I'll go back in the library again. Maybe he's under the Big Green Chair and I missed him, though I don't see how. He's not exactly tiny.

Wait . . . I feel something . . . eyes! Something is staring at me. [Looks up] Winchester!

What?

What do you mean 'what?' You've been missing for two hours and forty-five minutes. I've been worried sick.
You got my note. I ran away.

On top of the bookcase?

I'm not allowed outside. This was the only place I could think of. It's not bad up here. These bears keep me company and I have my food dish and a bag of kib--

Will you please come down?

Will you stay home with me?

I can't. The Writer and I are leaving day after tomorrow.

Then here I stay.

No comments: