Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Winchester Goes to the Hospital


Nurse Ellsworth! I'm so feverish. Bring me a cold cloth for my forehead.

Mr. Winchester, my chart says cold cloths are not covered by your insurance. Chew on an ice cube instead. Ice cubes will cost you twenty dollars.

Twenty dollars for ice cubes! What kind of a hospital is this?

Be glad we had a bed for you. A lot of sick cats are in the hall because they don't have insurance.

Will you shut up about insurance already? I'm so sick from this awful computer virus. Give me another pill. And maybe a filet mignon.

It's not time for a pill yet, Mr. Winchester. But it is time for me to take your temperature.

Oh, no! Not that again! You know, I'm feeling a teeny bit better. I think my fever is down.

In that case, your insurance requires you to get out of bed and go home.

Ooooooooh. My computer virus is coming back. Nurse Ellsworth, take my pulse . . . and don't tell me my insurance doesn't cover it!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I think Ellsworth must have to put up with quite a lot! Winchester is funny though :)

ellsworth said...

Becky: The Writer can't get her work done because of that cat. So she has me entertain him. It's a big job but somebody has to do it. Any time you want to borrow Winchester, just say the word!

TamraW said...

Oh, the poor baby! A computer virus!

(that goes double for the writer!)

ellsworth said...

Tamra: I can't tell you what The Writer said when her computer went kaflooey. I'm not allowed to use that kind of language!

Becky said...

I can sympathize about computer problems. My computer died in October and had to be replaced. I think I never realized until then how much I depend on my computer to function.

ellsworth said...

It's amazing how much we all depend on computers, even me! Whenever anything little thing happens to The Writer's computer, she has a complete and total meltdown. She needs a tech person on call 24/7!