Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!


Winchester, it's the first day of 2008! These old postcards are 100 years old today. So what are your New Year's resolutions?

I don't know. What's a resolution?

It's a promise you make to yourself about how you will change your life. For example, The Writer's New Year's resolution is to lose 20 pounds.

She said that last year. Only it was 15 pounds. If she broke her promise last year, she'll probably do it again this year.

Well, you're supportive. So what's your resolution?

To eat even more. I'm going to eat constantly, all day, every single solitary chance I get. What's your resolution, Short Stuff?

I'm no dummy. I don't make resolutions.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love Winchester's resolution :) It sounds more like a resolution one could actually keep all year long without much struggle.

ellsworth said...

More and more, I think Winchester has the right idea. Eat, nap, eat some more.