Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ghost of Christmas Future


"Winchester's Christmas Carol"
Act Two
Scene Three:

Scrooge wakes when the clock strikes one again. Before him stands a figure clad in black. He cannot see its face. The figure does not speak.

Scrooge: Spirit, am I in the presence of the Ghost of Christmas yet to come?

The Ghost nods.

Scrooge: I'm more afraid of you than the other two spirits put together. Maybe it's because you look like an X-ray of a rabbit. Lead on, then.

The Ghost raises one arm. A chill wind blows and Scrooge is the home of Cratchit again. This time the family looks sad. A crutch leans against the fireplace.

Scrooge: What has happened to Tiny Ellsworth? Oh, not the worst!

The Ghost raises his arm again. This time the icy wind blows Scrooge into a graveyard. He falls over a tombstone.

Scrooge: Please, X-ray Rabbit Ghost, don't make me look!

The Ghost points. Scrooge sees his own name carved on the gravestone and falls back in horror.

Scrooge: Oh, no! Not that, anything but that! I promise I'll be good! I promise I'll celebrate Christmas! Pleeeeease!

End of Scene Three

3 comments:

Becky said...

Where did Ellsworth's costume come from? I'm just loving it!

ellsworth said...

In desperation, I am wearing a rabbit's Halloween costume, which explains the tall ears. The Writer has a box filled with outfits for a bear named Muffy and the bear's rabbit friend, Hoppy. You will notice that I wear the same thing every single day. It's my trademark!

ellsworth said...

In desperation, I am wearing a rabbit's Halloween costume, which explains the tall ears. The Writer has a box filled with outfits for a bear named Muffy and the bear's rabbit friend, Hoppy. You will notice that I wear the same thing every single day. It's my trademark!