Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Morning


"Winchester's Christmas Carol"
Act Three
Scene One:

Scrooge wakes up. He is in his bedroom.

Scrooge: I'm not dead! I'm alive!

He rushes to the window, leans out too far, and falls out. A boy rushes over.

Boy: Hey, Mister, you all right?

Scrooge: Never better! Do you know what day this is?

Boy: Sure I do. It's Christmas!

Scrooge: Then I didn't miss it after all! Is that turkey still in the poultry shop window?

Boy: The one as big as me? I should say so!

Scrooge: (digging in his pocket) Go and buy it.

Boy: What, are you bonkers?

Scrooge: Bring the turkey back here in less than five minutes and I'll give you half a crown.

Boy takes off running.

Scrooge: Ah, Christmas Day! More than anything, I am grateful the night is over so I can get out of this ridiculous nightshirt!

He goes back in his house, singing "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen."

End of Scene One

2 comments:

TamraW said...

LOL! He fell out the window!?

too cute!

ellsworth said...

Well, we had to make some changes from the original book. Sort of a cross between the book and the TV show, "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol."
It's called artistic license!