Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas is Coming!


In the spirit of the season, The Writer is watching her favorite holiday videos (yes, she still watches videos!). Her absolute favorite is "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol." She saw the show when it first aired in December, 1962, when she was ten. She loved it, even though she watched the color program on a black and white TV set, and she especially liked the songs. When the show was over, she went outside to see the lunar eclipse. She always remembers those two things together.

A TV show and a lunar eclipse? The Writer is weird!

The Writer always liked the story, but was glad she saw this version of it first. "Grown-up" versions of Dickens' story are scary with all those ghosts and visits to the graveyard and so forth.

Let's wind it up, Ellsworth.

Tune in tomorrow for a surprise Winchester and I are doing for The Writer!

Uh-oh. Why do I sense costumes are in my future?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I can't wait to see if there are costumes :) Mr. Magoo was a favorite of my mom's growing up, by the way. So she made sure my sister and I were exposed to it as well. That Razzleberry dressing song is still one of my favs! We got the DVD for her last year for her birthday.