Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ellsworth Goes to the Pumpkin Patch


It's 95 today, so it feels more like summer than fall. But it wouldn't be October without a visit to the pumpkin patch. Hmm. I don't think these pumpkins are quite big enough.

That's not a patch! That's a barrel of pumpkins.

Okay, so the pumpkins are already picked. But I still have to find the just-right pumpkin for me. That's my goal this month. And your goal is--

Whoa! My goal? Why do I have to have a goal? I'm happy doing nothing all day.

--is to figure out the just-right costume to wear on Halloween. I'm in charge of wardrobe. Fittings start tomorrow, Winchester. Don't be late.

This post is in memory of Richard Shute. Long-time friend who once lived in Virginia. He loved the mountains and the rivers. He would have enjoyed another fall here.

1 comment:

Donna Layton said...

You're really making me appreciate the precious gift of life today.