Friday, September 21, 2007

Winchester Becomes The Writer


Here I am, everybody. I'm now The Writer. As you can see, I have started my book, The Great Catsby. I'm so serious about this, I'm not even using a computer. This is a real typewriter from back in the old days, before The Writer was born, even.

What is with the bowtie, collar and tortoiseshell glasses?

I'm a writer! Writers wear special stuff. I couldn't find a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches. But the bowtie makes me look natty, don't you think? And I love my new frames.

All you've written is the title page of you book. You are not a writer yet.

Yes, I am! I wrote the most important thing: "By Winchester."

Okay, hotshot. What next?

Next comes my nap. This writing business is very tiring, you know.

1 comment:

Donna Layton said...

I'm all caught up! I'm glad The Writer is enjoying this little creative vehicle through you Ellsworth....you are masterful and so patient for putting up with Winchester. Poor puss actually believes he can write a book. Try to let him down easy Ellsworth.