Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ellsworth's Favorite Recipe


I love oatmeal cookies but without raisins! The Writer and I wonder why people always put raisins in oatmeal cookies--they look like tadpoles and who wants to eat tadpoles?

When The Writer was a little girl, she loved for her mother to make a certain treat. I did, too! Whenever The Writer's mother baked a pie, she would make cinnamon sugar roll-ups with the pie crust scraps. The Writer's mother used an old rolling pin with one handle and she could bake the yummiest goodies!

You can see the old rolling pin in the photo and also the toy rolling pin The Writer had as a child. The children's cookbook is from 1934.

If The Writer ever made a pie from scratch, she could make pie dough roll-ups, too. But that's not likely to happen. If you want to make some, here's the recipe:

"Cinnamon Sugar Pie Dough Roll-Ups"

Re-roll scraps from pie crust
Dab with butter
Sprinkle with cinammon and sugar
Roll up and bake at 350
Watch so they don't burn!

Better yet, forget the pie and make nothing but pie-dough roll-ups! Invite me to come over!

Blecch, pie crust! That's not much of a recipe. Where's the chicken? My favorite recipe is coming next.

3 comments:

TamraW said...

Mmmmmm! That sounds so yummy!

Thanks for the recipe

ellsworth said...

It's a lot better than that awful recipe Winchester sent in! That cat thinks with his stomach!

Donna Layton said...

Oh Candice....my mom did the same thing only she didn't roll them up. I always make pies from scratch so I carry on the tradition. My children love those Cinnamon Crispies. I do actually like them better than the pie....unless, of course, it's chocolate cream!