Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dear Ellsworth

People are always writing to ask me for advice, so from time to time, I'll answer a letter here.

Dear Ellsworth:
I have a favorite stuffed animal too. I still play with him even though I'm ten. How old do you have to be before you should stop playing with stuffed animals? Worried in St. Paul

Dear Worried: When The Writer was a little girl, she had the same problem. She played with me until she was thirteen years old. Then she put me on a shelf. We didn't play any more, but we still talked. Don't worry about ever being too old to play with your favorite stuffed animal. He is your best friend. And he always will be. The Writer grew up, but she keeps her old toys and favorite children's books where she can look at them. She still plays with stuffed animals!
Sincerely, Ellsworth

Yes, The Writer fools around a lot! That's why I never get fed on time.

1 comment:

Donna Layton said...

Luke still sleeps with his stuffed bear that is truly a part of his heart. His name is Ick. Short for Little Ick. It's been his best friend since he was old enough to grow a heart for stuffed animals. I think he will end up like Radar O'Reilly with his teddy bear in the Korean War.....or he might end up like The Writer!